Rates | New Sod
Fertilize The Lawn
Everyone wants lush, green grass for the neighbors to admire, the kids
to play on, the dog to.....umm.... help fertilize.
Would you like to fertilize your lawn without burning it?...without
excessive run-off?....without breaking the bank?
How to Fertilize The Lawn
(If you already know all this stuff, skip ahead to "Lawn
Don't worry. Fertilizing your lawn to achieve all the above is easy. Do it "organically". There are
many reasons to switch from "inorganic" chemical fertilizers to
"organic". Here are the disadvantages to chemical fertilizers
that organic fertilizers don't have:
- Chemical fertilizers leach like crazy.
The plants can
only uptake a certain amount. The rest "runs-off" with the
rain and irrigation, wasting money and polluting the ground
- Chemical fertilizers can
High amounts of readily available nitrogen can
burn your grass before it runs-off --- to the ground water.
- Chemical fertilizers are costing more and more everyday.
Cost was once on the plus side. With the rise in oil
prices, this is no longer the case.
- Chemical fertilizers have a high salinity potential.
Salt build-up is a major concern after so many years of chemical
fertilizer use on farms and lawns.
- Chemical fertilizers increased soil acidity.
Soil must be
- Chemical fertilizers must be applied frequently at low rates.
Because of the burn and the run-off.
But, you say, there are drawbacks to organic fertilizers, too (or so
- Organic fertilizers can be more expensive per pound. (No longer
the case. See #3 above.)
- Organic fertilizers don't release at adequate rates during
cool season. (I'll tell you how to overcome this later).
- Organic fertilizers application response may be slow.
- Organic fertilizers may contain weed seeds that contaminate
turf grass. (Ditto again, later).
- Geez...can't think of any more. Oh, well.
Advantages of Organic Lawn Fertilizers
You could write a book about the many advantageous of organic fertilizers
(there are bunches of them already written.) Here are the most
- Organic fertilizers "build the soil" as you fertilize your
- The nutrients are "slow-released", meaning there's no danger
of burning grass.
- Run-off is not a problem. In fact, organic fertilizers
prevent moisture loss, so that
- Less watering is required.
- Organic fertilizers have no acidity "side-effects".
Soil ph remains neutral.
- Organic fertilizers provides "micro-nutrients" for a more
nutritious lawn grass feeding.
- Organic fertilizer smells better. Well, that's
important, too, don't you think?
...And on, and on. You can see how organic fertilizers have
the edge over
Read on and learn how to make those above mentioned "disadvantages" of
organic fertilizers disappear, and how and when to apply organic fertilize. It's so simple, really.........